Search This Blog

Saturday 19 November, 2011

‘A desi lifestyle is my secret’


I’m a very basic guy. Despite being in the industry for so long, I still don't understand the glitz and glamour that go with it,” says Akshay Kumar. The actor who has been in the industry for over two decades feels that things are just hotting up for him as far as Bollywood is concerned.

After almost 10 years of doing mainly comic roles, the original Khiladi will be seen again in an action film soon. “I’m just about to start shooting for Rowdy Rathore and I still feel as nervous and anxious as I felt during my initial days. I really value my success,” he smiles. Currently, Akshay is thrilled about the positive response he is getting for his fresh look in Desi Boyz. Despite the pressure and the erratic working hours, how does he manage to look so good? “My secret is to follow a desi lifestyle. I don’t drink and smoke. I hit the pillow at 10 pm. I eat healthy and meditate regularly,” says the actor.

That’s quite an unusual lifestyle for a Bollywood star but the results are there for all to see. But with a lot of new actors coming in, does a veteran like Akshay feel the pressure to look and perform his best? “Certainly there is competition. But I take it in a positive way. Every actor worth his name is trying his best. That’s what our industry is all about. The day you stop bothering about competition, you might become complacent,” says Khiladi Kumar.

Akshay is probably the only actor who has had the chance to share screen space with most of the other big names. With Hera Pheri, Bhagam Bhaag, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi and now Desi Boyz, he has managed to hold his own in multi-starrers as well. The buzz is that post Force, John Abraham is taking tips from Akshay to establish his action hero image. “John is a fabulous guy. It was a delight working with him in Garam Masala. In Desi Boyz, we just share a mad chemistry and that works for the film. I’m always there to help him,” assures the superstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment