Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 October, 2011

Rihanna is too mature


The We Found Love singer Rihanna says her tough upbringing, as the eldest daughter in her family who had to cope with her father’s crack addiction, made her wise to the world, and her mother can’t believe how grown up she is despite the fact she is still only 23. She said, “I saw too much. I was way too mature for my age. I guess that’s why I became rebellious. That’s what my mother thinks anyway.” Rihanna was also famously a tomboy and didn’t learn how to act in a feminine way until she met one of her best friends, Melissa Forde.

She added, “I was one of the boys. I never saw the need for having girlfriends until I met Melissa. Melissa taught me how to be a girl.” When she was embarking on her career, Rihanna was inspired by her musical idols and she continues to find inspiration from them now. She added, “All those divas, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, they were my heroines.”

No comments:

Post a Comment